Imagine a regular Pokémon game, with everything a Pokémon game has to offer: traveling around the region, catching wild Pokémon, battling trainers, winning gym badges, and becoming the regional champion. Except, instead of boring old turn-based combat, you have all-out brawling.
Now, Pokken might pale to Smash in terms of gameplay refinement (although I'm inclined to disagree with even that, see below), but it makes up for it with more characters and more stages. To someone weaned on the Pokémon games and anime like me, Pokken has a much more "at-home" theme with all the familiar and recognizable Pokémon characters. The whole Nintendo (and more) pantheon is just too gigantic and overwhelming to me.
Also, despite what many people might say, Pokken's gameplay is actually better if you play it a lot, and solo, while Smash might be good for quick battles with your friends. As a matter of fact, Smash's solo gameplay SUCKS. I have, like, no friends, so I'd prefer the former.
What do you think? Smash vs. Pokken?
[link] [comments]
* This article was originally published here
No comments:
Post a Comment