Sunday, January 26, 2020

Nintendo Music Covers on YouTube

Simply put I’m wondering whether or not I’d be allowed to post Nintendo music covers on YouTube. I’ve tried emailing Nintendo directly about purchasing the rights to create covers of their music for YouTube but no response yet. I’ve been told that I may be able to get away with covering Nintendo Music under fair use if I either provide educational value (like giving a lesson on how to play before or after my cover) or transforming it (which I would do by covering with live instruments and creating fun entertaining video that tells a story, with clips of myself playing instruments in between.) I know this isn’t the best place to ask about this, but I was very curious what the community would have to say about this, and whether any gamers that do let’s plays or create similar content might have some insight for me that my regular Music and Performing arts friends might not know! Thank you!

<Be kind to eachother, not because they deserve it, but because you deserve to give yourself a life filled with kindness.>

submitted by /u/Bingbang_WoW
[link] [comments]

* This article was originally published here

No comments:

Post a Comment