Tuesday, January 26, 2021

The 3D on the New Nintendo 3DS is... impressive?

Maybe I’m five years late, but I had an extra twenty dollars this week and an itch to replay Ocarina of Time. Not wanting to deal with Nintendo 64 framerates, I decided to give the remaster a try on my New 3DS XL.

I guess by the time I got my New Nintendo 3DS I had already dismissed the 3D effect as a gimmick and kept it off. It was unstable on my old 3DS so I wasn’t very fond of it. Playing Zelda on the New 3DS in 3D this week though... it felt like a completely different experience. It really gave Hyrule Field a new sense of depth and made the extra details stand out. I’ve actually been playing through the game with the 3D on because it feels weird going back to a flat low-res 2D image.

Like I said, I’m definitely late on the trend. I just feel like the 3D part of the 3DS wasn’t appreciated very much during its lifetime. I’m looking forward to going through my backlog and seeing what other games I might have missed out on by keeping the system in 2D.

submitted by /u/tlacct
[link] [comments]

* This article was originally published here

No comments:

Post a Comment